Skip to main content

Christ "dusted" it!!

It was time for our regular family's morning devotion, and as always, I had to motivate myself to get up from my bed cause I didn't want my mum knocking tirelessly on my door in a bid to wake me up.

No, don't judge me please, I'm far from perfect, and yes, I love my morning naps. Getting up for anything in the morning requires a lot of self motivation for me😂.

Anyways, I got up, rumbled a few words; "thank you Jesus for this morning" and made my way to the living room. 

My father began leading the devotion, first with a session of worship songs, a session of the word and then our daily devotional manual. Now, if it will interest you to know guys, I was sleeping all through this process. I mean from the praise and worship, to the teaching of the word.

I was so engrossed in my sleep when I suddenly heard my father call my name, with a stern question flowing from his lips... "Oore, What did Jesus do when Peter struck the high priest's servant's ear with the sword?"

Honestly guys, I was baffled. I mean I wasn't listening to the story, even though it's a regular "the passions of Christ" scene which everyone knows, I was just not prepared for the question. Plus I didn't want my father to realise that I had been sleeping all the while (which he obviously knew, thus the asking of the question 🙄), so I had to come up with a quick reply.

"He dusted it sir!”

That was all I heard myself say.

Those were the only words that came out of my mouth.

"What? He dusted it?" My father shouted, and everyone had a good laugh.

I must confess, I felt so embarrassed, so I had to defend my reply to the end. Now everyone was still laughing, so I had to shout.."yes na, he must have dusted it first before placing it back on the servant", but no one listened to me 😲.

For the remaining hours of the morning, every single person in the house kept laughing and repeating the words I said, but enough of my story guys, I personally feel like there are certain details the holy bible never gives, and Christ dusting the high priest's servant's ear, was certainly one of those details. 

Take it or leave it.

I want to believe that the sweet holy spirit spoke through me in that situation to explain a hidden event in the garden scene, and yes, your opinions are NOT welcome 😀.

I mean, even the bible says that there are things Christ did, which if were recorded in the Bible, the world itself would not contain them (John 21:25).

So tell me please, what do you think?

Do you think Jesus dusted it for real?

Remember, they were in a garden with grass and dust all around. He couldn't have just placed an ear that fell into the dirt back into the ear socket just like that. My Jesus is a perfect (prim n' proper) being, he wouldn't have wanted any severe case of an ear infection for the high priest's servant.

Please leave your comment below, let me know what your opinions are. 

Till I write to you again, stay in Christ😊❤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mapped out Plan😌

Happy New Month!! 🎊🎊 Hope it's not too late to say "happy new year" too? Better late than never my dears, I apologize🥺. It's beautiful to write to you again. The most anticipated story I failed to share last year is what I'm about to share right now. So grab a cone of popcorn and enjoy. Actually, be blessed. I grew up with the fantasy of becoming a dentist. Don't ask why. I guess my mind had just created enough images of dentists and seeing myself as one felt angelic. The regular admission process was on and I didn't make it for the University of Lagos' cutoff, but miraculously (or so I thought) the then Ondo State governor; Dr. Olusegun Mimiko had just established the University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) right in my home town and was open to students for application. My parents were excited. They were hopeful I wasn't going to miss a school year as they felt things were going to work in my favour, being an indigene of the locality,

What A Journey!

I thought hard and long about what this article should entail. My head failed to come up with a lovely post, but an excellent mind came up with some soothing words. Here is a beautiful piece from a friend and devotee. LOL . I'm sure some of us can relate to its content. Kindly read aloud on your beds, savor each paragraph, and be strengthened. " On your mark Get set Go! These words were not spoken to me before I chose to pick up the baton to run this race. I kept running without looking back, still am. But I haven't stopped to wonder what type of a race this is. I mean, what type of a race validates a fall but rebukes a retreat, at the same time mandates its participants to uplift lagging/dropping mates right on the journey? What type of a race encourages its athletes to run, not for the medal at the finish line but a love for the journey What type of a race mounts up hurdles that limit its athlete's speed but strengthens their zeal

Gratitude

I hope I get forgiven for being so far away, yet very close?🥺  A lot has been going on in my head and I promise to share once I can fully comprehend them. But before then, I thought to drop this here, and I hope it helps someone. I Got up to read one of my favourite devotionals this morning but when I saw the topic " Gratitude ", I just felt there really wasn't anything new to learn. Notwithstanding, I read it but definitely didn't study it.  Fast forward to me going about my daily activities with hindrances everywhere.  First, the cooking gas finished just in the middle of preparing breakfast, then many more annoying events occurred. At some point, I got really irritated and angry that I punched hard at a wooden door and flung it open (I still don't know how that door didn't come down, because the force I used on it ehn😂). I had a lot of frustrations that I had been suppressing, and the stuffs going on in the day were not helping matters.  Sadly, I took out