Skip to main content

Gratitude

I hope I get forgiven for being so far away, yet very close?🥺 
A lot has been going on in my head and I promise to share once I can fully comprehend them. But before then, I thought to drop this here, and I hope it helps someone.

I Got up to read one of my favourite devotionals this morning but when I saw the topic "Gratitude", I just felt there really wasn't anything new to learn. Notwithstanding, I read it but definitely didn't study it. 

Fast forward to me going about my daily activities with hindrances everywhere. 

First, the cooking gas finished just in the middle of preparing breakfast, then many more annoying events occurred. At some point, I got really irritated and angry that I punched hard at a wooden door and flung it open (I still don't know how that door didn't come down, because the force I used on it ehn😂).

I had a lot of frustrations that I had been suppressing, and the stuffs going on in the day were not helping matters. 

Sadly, I took out a little of my anger on someone, which I definitely don't feel good about (I have apologized please). I mean it was just not the kind of day I wanted. 

The Holy Spirit then brought my attention back to what I read in that devotional, Gratitude.

I went back to read carefully and a paragraph jumped at me.. "Thousands of people struggle daily with discouragement and frustration, or at least with discontentment, even though they're surrounded by prosperity and property. Why is this? Why does there seem to be so little contentment in the midst of such enormous wealth? Perhaps it is because we have neglected to develop grateful hearts".

Somehow, this ministered to me and I discovered that allowing anger and frustration overwhelm me, didn't help solve any problem in the day.

The problem wasn't that I had been unlucky today, it was that I had failed to stir up myself in habitual and genuine gratitude to God. If for nothing at all, for the fact that I could have received help from him if I had asked. Ideas began to pop up in my head as to how I could have dealt with certain issues in the day, if I hadn't allowed anger consume my being. 

Now, I'm not saying you're not allowed to get angry. I'm saying try as much as possible to get pass that anger by acknowledging the wisdom of God that has been made available for you. In that moment of frustration, think of all the little but timely blessings God had given you, and a solution to your current problem will surface. Maybe not immediately but surely.

Always remember, the most powerful miracles in the Bible were done with gratitude. It's not enough to thank him for previous breakthroughs, do well to thank him for current setbacks too.

I hope we get the gist of this long story😊. As for me, I failed the test today, but I learnt a significant lesson😌.

That's about it people of God... Thank you for reading☺️ and if you didn't read through, thank you too 😚😂.

I hope to hear from you in the comment section ❤️

Comments

  1. This is so great!
    Thank you mama!❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really helpful 😄...thanks for sharing 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blessed me baby girl. Thank you for been a blessing. And I'm grateful for what God has started in your life. I'm proud of you girlfriend. Love you 😘❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much 🥺, I'm glad this blessed you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Mapped out Plan😌

Happy New Month!! 🎊🎊 Hope it's not too late to say "happy new year" too? Better late than never my dears, I apologize🥺. It's beautiful to write to you again. The most anticipated story I failed to share last year is what I'm about to share right now. So grab a cone of popcorn and enjoy. Actually, be blessed. I grew up with the fantasy of becoming a dentist. Don't ask why. I guess my mind had just created enough images of dentists and seeing myself as one felt angelic. The regular admission process was on and I didn't make it for the University of Lagos' cutoff, but miraculously (or so I thought) the then Ondo State governor; Dr. Olusegun Mimiko had just established the University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) right in my home town and was open to students for application. My parents were excited. They were hopeful I wasn't going to miss a school year as they felt things were going to work in my favour, being an indigene of the locality,

What A Journey!

I thought hard and long about what this article should entail. My head failed to come up with a lovely post, but an excellent mind came up with some soothing words. Here is a beautiful piece from a friend and devotee. LOL . I'm sure some of us can relate to its content. Kindly read aloud on your beds, savor each paragraph, and be strengthened. " On your mark Get set Go! These words were not spoken to me before I chose to pick up the baton to run this race. I kept running without looking back, still am. But I haven't stopped to wonder what type of a race this is. I mean, what type of a race validates a fall but rebukes a retreat, at the same time mandates its participants to uplift lagging/dropping mates right on the journey? What type of a race encourages its athletes to run, not for the medal at the finish line but a love for the journey What type of a race mounts up hurdles that limit its athlete's speed but strengthens their zeal