Skip to main content

Act, stop figuring it out!

Hello people of God!!!
Who remembers my last post on "Believe, stop figuring it out"
I got an insight from a part of the Bible relating to it, and I would love to share it with us.

I was amazed, as I had never read that part of the Bible in that light before. I'm sure many of us have read, taught, and even preached that verse without actually realizing the nature of faith and belief demonstrated there.

Y'all must be wondering what part of the Bible I'm referring to...lol. Don't worry, I'll tell you.

Open your Bibles with me to the book of Matthew.

No, John the beloved actually.
John chapter 2 verse... Oh, I sure must be sounding like a preacher right now .

Anyways, John chapter 2 is where I'm narrating the story of today from. I'm very sure most, if not every one of us, is quite familiar with the story in that passage.

It is the story of the wedding in Canada... Oh sorry, I meant Cana of Galilee. It was the place Christ performed his very first miracle. I mean, where he showed up at the very last minute to turn plain colorless and tasteless water to sweet-smelling wine after he had earlier given an attitude that displayed his reluctance in helping the servants.

Ps: the sweet-smelling part was not recorded in Bible tho... But before we go on, who else has noticed that God loves showing up sometimes at the very last minute? 樂

I mean he'll practically leave you to keep scheming, planning and finding solutions to your problem, before he then shows up when all your plans have failed​, just so you'll know for sure that it wasn’t your brilliance or your great plans or your hard work that brought about your miracle.

Well, I have...but that my dear, is a topic for another day. Let's not get too distracted. We can just wrap that up by saying he performed the last-minute miracle to signify that sometimes, God's greatest blessings always arrive last.

Back to my story, Jesus' mother had come to meet him for help as regards the wedding wine that had finished, and Jesus had outrightly told her that it was "none of their business" (how I so wish I could talk to my mum in that manner ).

Normally, wedding ceremonies those days lasted for like a week, and that day, was probably the third day of the celebration. Meaning that the host's family were prone to face embarrassment, for failure to plan the wedding properly. And I believe that Jesus initially distanced himself from the problem cause he felt his mission and it's timing could not be set by a human agenda.

But really, if you'd ask me, I actually don't see how it was their business. I mean, you're a wedding guest for heaven's sake. You obviously came to rejoice with the bride and groom, which in most times is not the case. Really, think about it, in Nigeria we all go to a wedding ceremony just to eat. So taking that as an example, I can't be eating at a Nigerian wedding, and then you tell me that the food is finished so I have to come, to help you prepare a pot of rice for your guests...I mean where's that done? Nowhere.

But, his mother went ahead to tell the servants to obey him. Meaning she knew her son too well, and she was sure he wasn't going to be comfortable seeing the helpless situation of the servants.

I'm digressing too much o arrrggggghhhh 

Notwithstanding, moving on, I want to place emphasis on verses 7 and 8.

Jesus said to them, "Fill the waterpots with water." And they filled them up to the brim. And He said to them, "Draw some out now, and take it to the master (host) of the feast." And they took it.

Gbam! That's it right there. 
Did you see that? Their faith was everything. The faith the servants had taken a different dimension. They believed he was gonna do something to help the situation, even if they couldn't understand his method of approach to solving the problem.

When He said "fill the pots", they ensured they didn't just pour a sufficient amount, but an overflowing amount of water. They were desperate for his miracle. They didn't care if they were a bit extra in following or obeying his instructions. They had realized that it was better to be on the extra side, than on the average.

Now that was not even what got me thinking. They had obeyed? glory to God. But listen, they were not on the mission of figuring out how the water turned wine was going to taste.

I mean, after they had filled the pots to the brim, Jesus simply said "take some to the host of the feast".

That was crazy!!!
He didn't even say "taste it".

How do you expect me to cook something for a guest, and not taste it before I serve my guest? That would just be crazy.

How can I be sure they'll love my meal? Or that the ingredients in it are in the right proportion?

That probably would have been the dilemma of the servants. They would have asked themselves how they were gonna serve the host without having a taste of the wine? What if eventually while drawing out the water from the pot, it never actually turned to wine? What if this, what if that.

But no guys, they swallowed whatever doubt they had, and simply obeyed. They weren't on the part of figuring how it would change, but on the part to effect the change.

I think we all need to hear this, the same way it was said in my previous post, but now, with a different story and an additional word.

Believe, Act, Stop figuring it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mapped out Plan😌

Happy New Month!! 🎊🎊 Hope it's not too late to say "happy new year" too? Better late than never my dears, I apologize🥺. It's beautiful to write to you again. The most anticipated story I failed to share last year is what I'm about to share right now. So grab a cone of popcorn and enjoy. Actually, be blessed. I grew up with the fantasy of becoming a dentist. Don't ask why. I guess my mind had just created enough images of dentists and seeing myself as one felt angelic. The regular admission process was on and I didn't make it for the University of Lagos' cutoff, but miraculously (or so I thought) the then Ondo State governor; Dr. Olusegun Mimiko had just established the University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) right in my home town and was open to students for application. My parents were excited. They were hopeful I wasn't going to miss a school year as they felt things were going to work in my favour, being an indigene of the locality,

What A Journey!

I thought hard and long about what this article should entail. My head failed to come up with a lovely post, but an excellent mind came up with some soothing words. Here is a beautiful piece from a friend and devotee. LOL . I'm sure some of us can relate to its content. Kindly read aloud on your beds, savor each paragraph, and be strengthened. " On your mark Get set Go! These words were not spoken to me before I chose to pick up the baton to run this race. I kept running without looking back, still am. But I haven't stopped to wonder what type of a race this is. I mean, what type of a race validates a fall but rebukes a retreat, at the same time mandates its participants to uplift lagging/dropping mates right on the journey? What type of a race encourages its athletes to run, not for the medal at the finish line but a love for the journey What type of a race mounts up hurdles that limit its athlete's speed but strengthens their zeal

Don't Be Too Hard on Yourself

Who wants to hear my life's story? I've tried not to document anything on this year's lockdown experience, but I can't help it. It was an experience that shook everyone. Nations went helpless, governments went clueless, people got lifeless but God was potent.  I remember living in fear at the very beginning, seeing the death records rise every minute in various countries and of course the shootings and robberies on the Nigerian streets. Staying indoor all day, and getting the news that people around were taken to isolation centres, weren't helpful either. I mean all of these got me afraid and I'm sure everyone else got frightened too. I remember almost having a panic attack one evening after going to the bathroom to ask God various questions. Things got real and the only asset everyone was fighting for was life . Now, there was an endsars protest which, oh my.. wasn't as productive as we all thought it would be and again, people went into hiding to p